This recipe combines classic butter chicken’s beloved, rich flavors with the chicken wings to create show-stopping delight. While this preparation is surprisingly simple, the focus is on their exceptional taste and the unique twist they bring to your game day snack table.
About this Recipe
The blender sauce allows you to enjoy the flavors of butter chicken without spending hours in the kitchen. Combining spices like garam masala and Kashmiri chili powder offers an authentic butter chicken taste. Baking the wings ensures they are cooked evenly, with a perfect blend of crispy outside and tender inside.
These easy blender butter chicken wings are a fantastic way to bring a touch of gourmet to your game day or any casual gathering. They are simple enough for any home cook to master yet flavorful enough to impress your guests. Give this recipe a try, and let the rich, aromatic flavors of butter chicken transform your chicken wings into a culinary masterpiece.
These are perfect served alongside other Indian-style chicken wings like jeera (cumin) chicken wings or tandoori chicken wings. Some other great sides to go with them are paneer pakora and air fryer zucchini and squash bites. Be sure to check out our Ultimate Guide to Chicken Wings for more tips and ideas.
Soaking the cashews.
Cashews provide most of the rich creaminess of the butter chicken sauce. Soak them in hot water for at least 30 minutes to soften.
The Blender Sauce
Blend until smooth: the garam masala, granulated garlic, ginger powder, tomato paste, chili powder, Kasoori methi, half the salt, sugar, onion, soaked cashews, and milk.
Put the chicken wings in a casserole dish, lightly salt, and coat with 2 tablespoons of butter. Bake, uncovered for twenty minutes.
Remove the wings from the oven. Smother the chicken with the butter chicken sauce. Mix or toss with tongs to ensure every pieces is well coated with the sauce. Cover with foil and bake.
Remove the foil and continue to bake for 20 minutes.
Show-Stopping Butter Chicken Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 20 whole cashews
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon Kashmiri chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Kasoori methi dried fenugreek leaves
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup sweet white onion
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- Cilantro and lemon for garnish
- Soak the cashews in hot water for 30 minutes or overnight, then drain.
- Blender Sauce Creation: In a blender, combine the garam masala, granulated garlic, ginger powder, tomato paste, chili powder, Kasoori methi, half the salt, sugar, onion, and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Cooking the Chicken: Preheat your oven to 425°F. Arrange the chicken in a baking dish with 2 tablespoons of butter. Bake for 10 minutes, flip the chicken, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Sauce Application: Lower the oven temperature to 375°F. Pour the blended sauce over the chicken, cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Final Touches: Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and a squeeze of lemon juice. Garnish with cilantro before serving.