It’s no secret that naan makes a great pizza crust. Here is a quick lunch or dinner pizza featuring paneer tikka, loved by children and adults alike.
If cooking in the air fryer, it is important to pre-cook the naan to get a crunchy, not soggy, base.
If you prefer to use the oven instead of the air fryer, cook it at 425°F for 5-10 minutes until the paneer has slightly browned and the mozzarella cheese has melted.
Naan – I use store-bought, frozen naan.
Paneer – the main topping. It’s marinated paneer tikka style and cooked on the pizza.
Yogurt – the base of the paneer tikka marinade
Garam Masala – use store bought or make your own
Marinara Sauce, Ketchup, and Chili Paste – this is a combination of sauces I usually have in my pantry that combine to make a tikka masala sauce. The ketchup adds some sweetness, and the chili paste gives it spice. You can use your favorite tikka masala sauce if you prefer.
- Leave out sambal olek, if you don’t want it spicy
- Leave out ketchup to reduce the sweetness
- Use pre-made tikka masala sauce in place of ketchup/sambal/marinara, if you have one you like
Air Fryer Paneer Tikka Naan Pizza
- 2 naan
- 3 Tbsp marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp chili paste such as sambal olek (optional)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
For Paneer Tikka
- 4 oz paneer
- 2 Tbsp yogurt
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp grated beet for color
- Heat frozen naan in an air fryer at 380°F for 3 minutes
- In a bowl, whisk to combine yogurt, garam masala, ginger, garlic, salt, and beet.
- Toss in cubed paneer. Stir to coat each paneer. Allow paneer to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Top the naan with a mixture of marinara, ketchup, and chili paste. You can combine these directly on the naan if you prefer.
- Top with mozzarella cheese, onions, peppers, and marinated paneer.
- Cook in an air fryer at 380°F for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and top with cilantro.