This is a classic gin cocktail with the addition of pomegranate juice. Using egg white is optional but gives it a lovely silky texture. The lemon and pomegranate juices give it a sweetness and tang that is light and refreshing. The pink color makes this a lovely spring drink, but it would be at home at any cocktail party, any time of year.
Pomegranate Gin Fizz
- 2 oz gin
- 1 oz lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 oz club soda
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- Add the ginger to the shaker and muddle.
- Add gin, lemon juice, simple syrup, egg white, and pomegranate juice. Shake for 10 seconds.
- Add ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Pour into a glass, straining out ice. Top with club soda.