I love easy it is to cook this simple cauliflower curry. It is super healthy and it takes just a few minutes of prep and less than 20 minutes to cook from start to finish. It is a weeknight staple in our house.
Cauliflower and Pea Curry
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into 1/2 inch wide florets
- 3/4 cup green peas (I usually use frozen)
- 1/2 green chili, chopped (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- cilantro, for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat oil until it shimmers. Test the oil with a couple of mustard seeds. It’s hot enough when the seeds sizzle and splatter.
- Toss in all the mustard seeds and green chili. Let cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the cauliflower, turmeric, salt and chili powder. Stir. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the water and stir. Cover and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until the cauliflower has softened. Stir every 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the peas. Cook uncovered for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Serve with flat bread.