Craving something crispy, savory, and a tad spicy? Our Air Fryer Chicken Wings with a Garlic-Ginger Twist are here to satisfy your taste buds! This recipe is Inspired by the rich flavors of the Indian-Chinese dish, Manchurian Chicken. Perfect for game nights, family dinners, or when you just need a quick and tasty snack, these wings are a breeze to make and a joy to eat.
For tips on making the perfect chicken wings or adapting this recipe to baking, see this Guide to Chicken Wings.
Why This Recipe Works
The air fryer technique gives you wings that are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside without the heaviness of deep frying. The garlic-ginger sauce is a delightful combination of Asian flavors, bringing a sweet, tangy, and slightly spicy taste to the wings.
These Air Fryer Chicken Wings with a Garlic-Ginger Twist offer a perfect blend of flavors and textures. Whether you’re looking to spice up your dinner routine or impress your guests at a party, these wings are sure to be a hit.
Pat the chicken wings dry
This will help the cornstarch stick to the wings for the ultimate crispiness.
Coat the Wings with Corn Starch
Air fry the chicken wings.
Lightly spray the wings with oil. Air fry for 20 minutes at 380°F, turning halfway through.
Make a slurry with Corn Starch
Heat ginger and garlic in a pan.
Toss the wings in the sauce to coat.
Air Fry for a final 2-3 minutes.
Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
Soy Garlic Chicken Wings (Air Fryer Recipe)
- Air Fryer optional
For the Wings:
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- ¼ tsp salt
- Spray oil
For the Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp finely minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp ketchup
- 1 ½ Tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- ½ Tbsp corn starch
- ½ Tbsp chili paste such as sambal olek
- Scallions and sesame seeds for garnish
- ½ Tbsp oil
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel. Mix salt and corn starch, and coat the wings evenly. Lightly spray the air fryer basket and the wings with oil.
- Set your air fryer to 380°F and cook the wings for 20 minutes, ensuring they become crispy and golden.
- While the wings are in the air fryer, prepare the sauce. Start by mixing water and corn starch to create a slurry. Heat oil in a saucepan, add the minced garlic and ginger, and cook until they lose their raw smell and turn golden. Add the ketchup, vinegar, and chili paste, followed by the corn starch slurry.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens. Once the wings are done, toss them in the sauce to coat evenly, then return them to the air fryer for an additional 2-3 minutes. This step ensures the sauce caramelizes beautifully on the wings.
- To garnish, sprinkle chopped scallions and sesame seeds over the wings for a burst of flavor and a touch of elegance.